Every mother’s worst nightmare is the possibility of seeing her child at the brink of death. For Terri Schreiber, mother of eight-year-old Sophia, her nightmare became a reality when Sophia was three and ingested a single cashew and went into anaphylactic shock. Since Sophia was weeks old, she began exhibiting symptoms, which later were diagnosed as food and environment allergies. In her first three years, Sophia was allergic to simple foods such as milk and eggs. She also developed environmental allergies to grass, trees, weeds, and furry animals.