Carlos Vieira Foundation Grant
MedicAlert Foundation and the Carlos Vieira Foundation are partnering to protect local children with Autism by providing life-saving products and services offered by MedicAlert. The partnership is specifically designed to help children with Autism whose families are facing financial hardship and live in Stanislaus, Merced, Mariposa, Tuolumne, San Joaquin or Madera counties. As part of the grant offered by the Carlos Vieira Foundation, qualified families will receive three years of MedicAlert’s Kid Smart® service, one medical ID bracelet and one shoe tag for double the protection during wandering situations or other times of need.
What is the Carlos Vieira Foundation?
Carlos Vieira Foundation was founded by Carlos Vieira utilizing his race team not only to be a team on the track, but also a team that helps families living with Autism and helps kids stay away from gangs and drugs.
The Mission of the Carlos Vieira Foundation (CVF) is to assist in strengthening local communities in Central California and communities around the globe by offering its services and raising money for multiple organizations that generously dedicates their time to assist people in need. It is their hope that these actions will help to empower children, individuals and families to achieve lifelong successes and improve their overall health, well-being and quality of life.
Sponsored Benefits Include:
- One personalized MedicAlert medical ID shoe tag engraved with "Autism"
- One personalized Medical medical ID bracelet engraved with "Autism"
- Live 24/7 emergency response notification services
- Live 24/7 family notification services
- 3 year My MedicAlert + KidSmart Services
- Emergency Wallet Card
- Emergency Health Record
Eligibility for Sponsorship
1. Must be a minor under the age of 18 years old
2. Must reside in one of the following California counties:
- Stanislaus, Merced, Mariposa, Tuolumne, Madera, San Joaquin
3. Must mail in completed Carlos Vieira Foundation Direct Help Application
4. Must send in one of the following (school IEP’s will not be accepted as diagnosis of Autism):
- Proof of Diagnosis of Autism from a School Psychologist
- Proof of Diagnosis of Autism from a Regional Center Psychologist
- Proof of Diagnosis of Autism from a Private Psychologist
5. Must attach the most recent Income tax return/s for both parents or guardians
Individuals who believe their child is eligible can download the Carlos Vieira Direct Help Application. Complete the application, fill in the correct information and mail completed forms to the following:
Carlos Vieira Foundation
Direct Help Project
257 E. Bellevue Rd. PMB 5150
Atwater, CA 95301
MedicAlert Foundation reserves the right to modify this program due to program funding availability. As a nonprofit we rely on the generosity and kindness of donors to extend sponsorship to anyone who needs our emergency medical information.