Tomato Bacon Squares
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust dough
- ¾ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Crumble bacon into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mix in bell pepper, tomatoes, and basil. In a separate small bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic.
- Roll pizza crust into a 12x15 inch rectangular baking sheet. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the bacon mixture over the mayonnaise, and top the entire pizza with cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Cool and cut the pizza into 24 squares.
Visit allrecipes.com for additional tips and recipe information
Scallops with Warm Tomato-Basil Dressing
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes—peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh fennel
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil or tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded basil, plus baby leaves for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 jumbo sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- In a saucepan, toast the coriander and fennel seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes; transfer to a mortar and let cool. Pound until coarsely ground.
- Warm the 1/4 cup of oil in the same saucepan. Add the spices along with the lemon juice and let stand for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, chopped fennel, chervil and shredded basil; season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the scallops with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops over high heat, turning once, until browned and just firm, about 4 minutes. Transfer the scallops to plates and spoon the warm tomato dressing on top. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
Visit Food & Wine for additional recipe information.
Artichoke Mushroom Caps
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 20 to 25 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Beat in the artichokes, Parmesan cheese and onion.
- Lightly spray tops of mushrooms with cooking spray. Spoon cheese mixture into mushroom caps. Combine bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over mushrooms.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Visit Taste of Home for additional recipe information.