Tangy Almond Chicken Kabobs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil spicy
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- ¼ cup chopped toasted almonds
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- In a medium, nonreactive bowl, blend Dijon mustard, honey, vegetable oil, and lemon juice.
- Place chicken in the mixture, stirring to coat. Cover, and, turning occasionally, allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate. Soak wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes.
- Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade. Arrange on the prepared grill, and cook 7 to 10 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove skewers from heat, and quickly roll in the almonds to lightly coat chicken.
Visit allrecipes.com for additional recipe tips.
Simple Grilled-Potato Salad with Grilled-Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 pounds small yellow or red-skinned new potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (about 4 whole scallions)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1 small shallot)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 whole lemon
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about 5 minutes. Drain potatoes transfer to a rimmed baking sheet to allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, split each one in half lengthwise and transfer to a large bowl. Add half of oregano, half of parsley, half of garlic, and half of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss roughly until potatoes are well-coated in mixture and their surfaces are a little roughed up.
- Combine remaining oregano, parsley, olive oil, garlic, scallions, shallots, and mustard in a large bowl.
- Light 3/4 chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Alternatively, set half the burners on a gas grill to the medium-high heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Place potatoes cut-side-down over direct heat and cook, turning occasionally, until well-browned and crisp on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes total. Transfer potatoes to the bowl with the olive oil and herb mixture as they finish cooking.
- Split lemon in half and place cut-side-down directly over heat. Grill until well browned, about 5 minutes. Squeeze grilled lemons into bowl with potatoes. Toss potatoes to thoroughly coat in fresh herb, olive oil, mustard, and lemon juice mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Visit seriouseats.com for additional recipe information.
Crunchy Broccoli Slaw
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 small red onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet or on a griddle over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Cut florets from broccoli stems and chop into small pieces. Transfer to a salad bowl and toss with minced onion and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar until smooth. Add honey, salt and pepper, whisking to combine.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to coat evenly. Crumble bacon pieces over broccoli slaw and serve immediately.
Visit myrecipes.com for additional recipe information.