For many of us, it’s hard to imagine life without our mothers. Their guidance, unconditional love and support is what helped us become who we are today.
On Mother’s Day, what better way to show our mom or mother figures how much we care, then to remind her about the importance of her health, so that we can have her around for many years to come?
Mothers tend to put the rest of the family’s health ahead of their own. While being a mother always means caring for others, there are a few ways Mom can take care of herself every day to live a healthier life.
Tips to Help Mom to Lead a Healthier Life
Remind mom to put her health first this Mother’s Day with a few helpful tips:
1. Eat Better- Repeat what she always told you growing up, “Don’t forget to eat all your fruits and vegetables first.” By taking her own advice, she can make a huge difference in her health
- Add more color into her diet. This can reduce mom’s risk of cancer and lead to better heart health.
- Incorporate foods rich in calcium to strengthen bones and help prevent osteoporosis.
- Limit foods and drinks high in fat, salt, sugar and alcohol.
2. Be More Active- The constant hurry of daily life definitely keeps us moving around, but often we need more. Physical activity offers several benefits:
- Increases metabolism
- Helps to control weight gain
- Improves mental health and mood
- Reduces risk for type 2 diabetes
- Increases chance of living longer
3. Manage Stress- Overwhelming stress can take a toll on both our physical and mental health. Keeping our stress level to a minimum can greatly improve our health in many ways:
- Reduces risk of heart disease and cancer
- Improves quality of our sleep
- Helps strengthen our immune system
***Ensure your mom’s MedicAlert Emergency Health Record is up-to-date to help guarantee she receives exceptional treatment and care in the event of an emergency.