Are you overwhelmed with trying to fulfill your loved ones’ holiday wish lists? Hosting holiday parties, traveling to see family, gift buying, holiday baking, and decorating, can all definitely take a toll on our savings accounts and increase credit card balances this season.
Don’t start the New Year in debt. Instead, use these easy tips to experience the joy of the holidays while staying within budget.
1. Shop Online- take advantage of holiday sales while avoiding the crowded stores and wasting your hard-earned gas dollars. Look for discount codes and FREE shipping promotions
2. Maximize Coupons- sign up for company email lists to receive coupons and sales promotions. Mailboxes and emails are flooded with deals this time of year -don’t miss out!
3. Shop at Discount Stores- young kids and grandkids don’t understand if puzzles, toys, clothes and books are second-hand. Buying second hand can saving a ton of money while still putting a smile on the faces of our little ones.
4. Buy Your Holiday Baking Ingredients in Bulk- Pick 2 or 3 of your favorite treat recipes to bring to your holiday parties. Save money when buying your ingredients in bulk at your local wholesale stores.
5 . Plan In Advance- It may be too late for 2014, but start planning for next holiday season
- Book your travel destinations earlier to ensure you can spend the holidays with those you love while paying lower rates
- Spread your spending out by purchasing a few gifts each month throughout the year to avoid last minute buying pressure.
- Get next year’s holiday décor at a discounted price by taking advantage of end-of-season sales.