Fava Bean & Grilled Shrimp Salad In Radicchio Cups
- 1 1/2 cups shelled fava beans (about 2 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 radicchio leaves
- Cook beans in boiling water 1 minute; drain. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Place beans in a large bowl; set aside.
- Thread shrimp evenly onto 6 (12-inch) skewers; brush with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Cool slightly; remove shrimp from skewers. Add shrimp to beans.
- Combine remaining 5 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, juice, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Stir in parsley.
- Place 1 radicchio leaf on each of 4 salad plates; spoon 1 cup shrimp mixture into each leaf.
For additional information on this recipe, click here.
Chicken Scallopine with Morels and Spring Vegetables
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 ounce dried morels
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Porcini Powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (1-inch) sliced asparagus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Bring chicken broth and sherry to a boil in a small saucepan; add morels. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain mushrooms in a cheesecloth-lined sieve over a bowl, reserving soaking liquid. Rinse mushrooms; drain.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Combine flour and Porcini Powder in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 1 minute on each side or until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add mushroom soaking liquid and asparagus to pan; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Add chicken, peas, and remaining ingredients to pan; cook 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
For nutritional information, click here.
Fava, Sweet Pea, and Sugar Snap Salad
- 4 pounds unshelled fava beans (about 2 cups shelled)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove beans from pods; discard pods. Cook beans and snap peas in boiling water 1 minute or until snap peas are crisp-tender.
- Remove beans and snap peas with a slotted spoon. Plunge beans and snap peas into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins.
- Combine beans, snap peas, green peas, mint, and prosciutto in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour over bean mixture, and toss well.
For nutritional information on this recipe, click here.