Bittersweet Chocolate Torte
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup sugar-free apricot preserves or apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Rich Chocolate Glaze Ingredients
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- Whipped topping, fresh raspberries, and/or fresh mint (optional)
- For Torte, heat 6 tablespoons butter, 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, milk, preserves and coffee crystals in small saucepan, whisking frequently until chocolate is almost melted.
- Remove pan from heat; continue whisking until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla. Add Equal, whisking until smooth.
- Lightly grease bottom of an 8-inch round cake pan and line with parchment or waxed paper. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks in large bowl. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites; fold in combined flour and salt. Pour cake batter into pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Carefully loosen side of cake from pan with small sharp knife, which will keep cake from cracking as it cools. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until chilled.
- For Rich Chocolate Glaze, melt 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter in small saucepan, stirring frequently.
- Remove cake from pan and place on serving plate. Pour Rich Chocolate Glaze over top of cake, letting it run down sides. Let cake stand about 1 hour or until glaze is set. Garnish top of cake with prepared whipped topping, fresh raspberries and fresh mint, if desired. Cut cake into wedges.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 145
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Exchanges: ½ starch, 2 fat
Bottomless Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 2 (8-ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar; beat well. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Do not turn off oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining sugar, remaining vanilla, and remaining lemon juice; mix well. Spread over top of cheesecake and bake 10 more minutes.
- Let cheesecake cool, then cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 119
- Protein: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 312mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugars: 7.1g
*For more nutritional information on this recipe, click here.
- 1 package ladyfingers
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup sweetener such as Truvia
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 3 tablespoons imitation rum extract
- 2 cups whipped topping, sugar-free
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Arrange 12 ladyfingers on bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Dissolve instant espresso or coffee and brown sugar in hot water. Brush ¼ cup of the coffee mixture onto the ladyfingers.
- Blend cream cheese with an electric mixture until smooth. Add sweetener and rum or rum extract, mixing until blended, and stir in whipped topping.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers. Top with remaining ladyfingers, brush with the espresso or coffee to coat.
- Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 (and up to 24) hours.
*Substitute low-fat sponge cake or pound cake for ladyfingers