- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and allspice; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another small bowl whisk together milk, egg, honey, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about half full. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over batter in muffin cups.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cup. Serve warm.
For more tips and nutritional information visit Diabetic Living
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbs toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- sugar-free maple syrup (optional)
- fresh fruit slices (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened
- Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle, spreading to a 5-inch circle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles ; turn pancakes, and cook other side
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit, if desired (syrup and fruit not included in analysis).
For nutritional information on this recipe visit Health.com