Kale, White Bean, and Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion
- Kosher salt
- 2 stalk celery
- 3 clove garlic
- 6 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 medium Butternut Squash
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 can low-sodium white beans
- Remove and discard the skin from the rotisserie chicken. Shred the meat into a bowl and set aside. Place the carcass and bones in a medium pot. Add 8 cups water, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Add the celery, garlic, and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is lightly golden brown around the edges, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Strain the chicken mixture into the vegetable mixture and discard the bones. Add the squash and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the squash is just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the kale, beans, and shredded chicken. Cook, stirring, until the kale is just tender, about 3 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs before serving.
Grilled Chicken Caprese
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 c. corn kernels (from 1 large ear, or frozen and thawed)
- 1 pt. mixed-color grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 lb. mixed-color medium and large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 c. small fresh basil leaves
- Heat grill to medium-high. Clean the grill and lightly oil. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, 3 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; stir in the shallot. Add the corn and grape tomatoes and toss to combine; set aside.
- Rub the chicken with the remaining 2 teaspoon olive oil, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and grill until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Arrange the chicken, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter. Spoon the corn mixture and any juices from the bowl over the top, then sprinkle with the basil.
Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 6 scallions
- ¼ c. plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. Asian sesame salad dressing
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Garnish: hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Remove and discard chicken skin and pull meat off bones. Tear or cut meat into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl with carrots, water chestnuts and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt with salad dressing; toss with chicken mixture.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes, if using.