Spicy Thai Chicken Kabobs
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbs lime zest
- 1 tsp dried crush red pepper
- 1 ½ lbs skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 32 fresh snow peas
- 16 basil leaves
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients and 1/2 cup water in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; reserve 3/4 cup. Add chicken to dish, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken, onions, and next 4 ingredients alternately onto wooden skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
- Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill, and baste with reserved 3/4 cup marinade.
- Spicy Thai Pork Kabobs: Substitute 1 (1.5-lb.) package pork tenderloin, trimmed, for chicken. Proceed with recipe as directed.
For more on this recipe, click here.
Spicy Grilled Pork Chops
- 6 (6 ounce) lean pork chops, center cut, ½’’ thick
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 2 tbs onions, minced
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/4j tsp ground red pepper
- ¼ tsp hot sauce
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim pork chops and place them in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine water and next 10 ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade; reserving marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cook chops 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
For nutritional information on this recipe, click here.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbs coarse salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 wedges lemon, for garnish
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.
To change the number of servings for this recipe, click here.