No-Bake Fudgy Coconut Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats and coconut. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Chocolate-Butterscotch Chewy Crispy Bars
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- Melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat.
- Add cereal; toss well to combine. Press cereal mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds. Spread over cereal mixture.
- Microwave butterscotch chips and milk 30 seconds; stir once. Dollop butterscotch mixture over chocolate; swirl with a knife. Chill.
Apple Cider Doughnuts
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 3/4 cup apple cider (I used unpasteurized cider from Boyer’s Orchard in VT!)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a measuring cup, combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry until just mixed.
- Spoon into a greased mini doughnut pan or muffin tin (I used coconut oil to grease the pan: it does the trick every time).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.