- 1 egg
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 slice reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 slice tomato
- 3 baby spinach leaves
- 1 small apple
1. Fry 1 egg in olive oil.
2. Fill English muffin with cheese, tomato, spinach, and fried egg.
3. Serve with apple.
Nutrition: (per serving): 360 calories, 20 g protein, 50 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 22 g sugars, 12 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 350 mg sodium
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (see note)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Note: Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeño peppers. Ground chipotle chile pepper can be found in the spice section of most supermarkets or online at
Nutrition: Per serving: 323 calories; 8 g fat(1 g sat); 16 g fiber; 55 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 118 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 12,409 IU vitamin A; 24 mg vitamin C; 163 mg calcium; 5 mg iron; 573 mg sodium; 1,072 mg potassium
One-Pan Salmon with Roast Asparagus
- 1 lb new potato, halved if large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 salmon fillets, about 140g/5oz each
- Handful basil leaves
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Tip the potatoes and 1 tbsp of olive oil into an ovenproof dish, then roast the potatoes for 20 mins until starting to brown.
- Toss the asparagus in with the potatoes, then return to the oven for 15 mins.
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes and vinegar and nestle the salmon amongst the vegetables.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and return to the oven for a final 10-15 mins until the salmon is cooked. Scatter over the basil leaves and serve everything scooped straight from the dish.
Nutrition: (per serving): 483 calories, 25 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 34 g carbohydrates, 6 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein, 0.24 g sodium