According to AAA, an anticipated 34 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles to our destination. The upcoming Labor Day Holiday weekend will result in higher gas prices, and jam-packed interstates throughout the US resulting from travelers eager to enjoy their extended weekend and the official end to summer.
Camping, boating, hiking and amusement parks compile the main list of favorite travel destinations for Americans in search of final summertime memories. As Labor Day quickly approaches, have you thought about how you want to spend the long weekend with your family and friends?
MedicAlert Encourages You to Put Safety First
As you rush to make those exciting travel arrangements; we remind you to PLEASE protect the health and safety of both you and your travel companions during one of the busiest travel weekends of the year!
Here is a checklist to consider before hitting the road:
- Ensure oil is changed and tires are in excellent traveling condition
- Have access to plenty of water and snacks while traveling long distances, especially in hot weather
- Leave early so you can avoid congested traffic hours
- Remind all passengers to fasten their seatbelts
- Refrain from texting and talking on the phone while driving
- Stay fresh and alert while driving
- DESIGNATE A DRIVER IF DRINKING IS INVOLVED IN YOUR WEEKEND OF FUN
Incorporate MedicAlert’s TravelPlus Service into Your Labor Day Travel Safety Plan
Should you be traveling more than 100 miles from home, then you should consider MedicAlert’s TravelPlus Program to help protect you and your loved ones over the holiday weekend.
The possibility of an emergency may be increased when traveling away from home on business or for pleasure. MedicAlert’s TravelPlus program is designed to provide exceptional medical treatment and services for you and your loved ones when you are away from home and in unfamiliar territory.
If far from home, you may need language translation, evacuation services, hospitalization and more. By enrolling in TravelPlus today all your safety bases will be covered since MedicAlert’s TravelPlus services will:
- Help you find a doctor when you are out of the country
- Contract your family members 24/7 with our Family Notification Service
- Provide 24/7 access to information services including visa, passport and immunization requirements for your destination
- Proved coverage even with pre-existing conditions