EMIR® (Emergency Medical Information Record)
Life is hectic and full of surprises, including medical emergencies. It can be a hassle to store all of your medical information in one easily accessible place. MedicAlert® offers its members another option; our EMIR® (Emergency Medical Information Record) allows members unlimited and easy to access medical history. In an emergency situation, this information can be communicated to emergency responders and medical professionals and often means the difference between life and death.
Each MedicAlert Foundation® member maintains their own EMIR that our staff can use to assist them in their time of need.
Each member’s EMIR includes:
- A comprehensive medical record that can be accessed by our staff and relayed to emergency responders and medical professionals during your time of need
- Unlimited updates supported by our trained member services associates
- Confidence that each update will be reviewed by our staff who understand the importance of listing the right medical conditions, medications, and allergies
- 24 hour online access so you can update your EMIR at your convenience
Your EMIR should include:
- Your most up to date medical history, including medical conditions
- Medications you take
- Allergy information
- Medical instructions from your regular doctor or physician
Included in the following memberships:
My husband Gary has Alzheimer's disease. One day I took a nap and when I woke up, Gary had wandered. He was picked up by an ambulance 5 miles away from our home. When the hospital contacted MedicAlert, you provided the doctors and emergency personnel with all of his information and contacted me to let me know where he was. Because of MedicAlert, the whole process went a lot faster.