Potluck Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove stems from mushrooms; place caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Finely chop stems; wrap in paper towels and squeeze to remove moisture.
- In a skillet, heat 1-1/2 tablespoons butter; saute onion and stems over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in lemon juice and seasonings; cook until juices are almost evaporated. Cool slightly.
- Mix sausage, parsley and onion mixture; spoon into mushroom caps. Mix bread crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over tops. Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake until sausage is cooked through, 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices. If desired, top with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Almond-Bacon Cheese Crostini
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 slices
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Additional toasted almonds, optional
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, bacon, onion and salt. Spread over bread. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional almonds if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Shrimp Lover Squares Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 24 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and salt until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with the seafood sauce, shrimp, green pepper, onion and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.