Whole Grain Marshmallow Crispy Bars
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 (10.5-oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 (15-oz) box multi-grain cluster cereal
- 1 ¼ cups dried cranberries, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and 1 cup cranberries until well coated.
- Press mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Chop remaining 1/4 cup cranberries, and sprinkle on top. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cut into 24 bars.
- Cinnamon-Pecan Crispy Bars: Place 1/3 cup pecan halves, chopped, in a single layer on a shallow pan. Bake at 350° for 8 to 9 minutes or until toasted, stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Prepare Whole Grain Marshmallow Crispy Bars as directed through Step 2. Press mixture as directed into baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecans and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Proceed with recipe as directed.
For more information on this recipe, including nutritional facts, click here.
Fresh Tomato-Pesto Pizza
- 4 cups basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbs grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 3 cups chopped seeded tomato (about 2 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- To prepare pesto, place 4 cups basil leaves and 2 garlic cloves in a food processor, and pulse 5 times or until coarsely chopped. With processor on, add broth, Parmesan, and oil through food chute; process until well-blended.
- To prepare pizza, place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread pesto over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with the tomato, garlic slices, and provolone.
- Bake at 475° for 12 minutes or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil. Cut the pizza into 8 wedges.
For nutritional information on this recipe, click here.