Important MedicAlert GPS + Essential Update
We were informed that eTrak – the company that sold you the GPS device and manages your GPS location services – has gone out of business. This came as a quite surprise to us as we were not provided any advance notice that this might happen. We understand the disruption that this may cause and we apologize for it. As safety is of paramount importance, please stop any reliance on this device.
To further assist you, we have provided additional information below, along with options for alternative services. We are discouraged by eTrak's failure to meet its obligations to both you and MedicAlert Foundation. We appreciate your support as we work together to navigate this situation.
- You may discard your GPS device as it no longer has location-tracking or panic button service.
- If you paid for your device and service by credit card, you can request a refund of your deposit from the credit card issuer. The procedures to request a "chargeback" are explained on the back of your credit card statement.
- You may purchase a discounted MedicAlert medical ID to accompany your continued Essential services and ensure you are protected in the event of an emergency.
Please call MedicAlert at 1-800-432-5378 to receive this discount and purchase a medical ID.
Alternative Service Options*
- For In-Home Push Button Service:
Philips Lifeline® with AutoAlert: Provides superior fall-detection technology for in-home falls/emergencies. AutoAlert can automatically call for help if it detects a fall, even if you can't push your button.
- For Individuals with Alzheimer's/Dementia:
Comfort Zone®: Offered by the Alzheimer's Association, this is a web-based GPS location service. Families can remotely monitor a person with Alzheimer’s by receiving automated alerts throughout the day and night when a person has travelled beyond a preset zone.
- For Children:
*MedicAlert Foundation does not endorse these products. Customers should research alternative service recommendations on their own as these are merely suggestions.