Let MedicAlert help you make your wishes known.
STEP ONE: Talk to your family and physician
- Properly document your choices and make them known to family members and your physician.
STEP TWO: Have Your Forms Signed & Notorized
- Obtain a copy of your state-recognized Advance Directive and/or DNR form. The document(s) will need to be signed and notorized in order for MedicAlert Foundation to engrave a medical ID that documents your wishes.
STEP THREE: Submit Your Documents and Application
- Choose a MedicAlert medical ID.
- Select the Advantage add-on service to make sure your wishes are communicated and made available, when and where they’re needed.
- Complete the purchase and enrollment process to gain access to your emergency health record where you submit your notarized documents through the "Emergency Medical Documents" section.
NOTE: For Pre-Hospital DNR IDs: Your state may require a specific medical ID; please check with your state on which medical ID is preferred or required. Learn more >