Reports to the Senior Vice President, Marketing. Hands-on, day-to-day management of the creation, development and execution of product, services, membership acquisition and retention programs to drive and sustain membership and revenue growth. Manages full range of marketing activities (product/service management, pricing, competitive analyses, promotion/media, positioning,, etc.). Build and manage MedicAlert Foundation’s online marketing and digital media efforts. Play a key role in writing and editing content as well as managing MedicAlert Foundation’s presence in social networks and the blogosphere. Manages and develops marketing staff. This position’s decision making has a direct and significant impact on the market-perceived attractiveness of MedicAlert Foundation products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the SVP to attract, develop and retain superior marketing talent
- Supervise staff, as appropriate and assigned, in the development and execution of marketing assignments
- Foster ongoing relationships with colleagues and department heads to access resources and share information as it relates to membership and revenue growth
- Provide the SVP with assessments and recommendations regarding departmental management, staff usage, workflow, and process efficiencies
Marketing Management - Overall Responsibilities
- Assist the development and lead the execution of the foundation’s marketing activities such as online campaigns, direct-mail, newsletters, e-newsletters, etc.
- Support the development of business cases by developing pro forma statements for programs and ensuring maximum ROI
- Manage the specifications of existing and new MedicAlert Foundation products and services
- Manage successful launches of MedicAlert Foundation product and services, including elements of account planning, public relations, channel preparation, service and support preparation
- Support the planning and monitoring of the marketing budget. Achieves established marketing goals within allocated expense budget. Conducts analyses of trends makes recommendations for future marketing activities (e.g., campaigns) based on these analyses.
- Manage the member life cycle
- Bring creative vision and leadership for developing marketing initiatives to build and strengthen the company’s brand identity and coordinate its message across all channels
- Create high-impact positioning which clearly communicates the unique value and advantages of MedicAlert Foundation’s products and services
- Own the process of developing and creating strong promotional and advertising copy, and other collateral, editing content developed by members of the marketing team.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated across appropriate functions and departments
- Develop and execute PR plan to build awareness of MedicAlert Foundation; this includes development and maintenance of all PR materials including press releases, fact sheets, testimonials and related materials, seeking out, creating and pitching new story ideas, identification and implementation of external spokespersons, establishment and maintenance of working relationships with media
- Plan and participate in select association conferences by staffing exhibits, events, and seminars
- Lead market research activities to better understand demographics, competitive landscape, and emerging market trends.
New Media Marketing
- Build and manage MedicAlert Foundation’s online new media efforts for social networks, communication tools (such as Twitter) and online forums
- Monitor and manage MedicAlert Foundation’s presence in social networks and blogosphere
- Seed new media sites, blogs and forums with messages highlighting MedicAlert Foundation’s mission and publications
- Identify new and creative ways to bring MedicAlert Foundation’s message to a broader audience online
- Directly supervises marketing department in conjunction with the SVP of Marketing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
MBA with emphasis on Marketing or equivalent required. Life sciences, health care and information technology background strongly preferred. Seasoned marketer and manager with demonstrable marketing career advancement, indicating experience in all facets of marketing. Thorough understanding of on-line marketing and social media required. 3-5 years in new media marketing or Agency experience.
Minimum 7 years experience managing marketing personnel (e.g., product managers), P+L experience desirable. Experience with membership and consumer marketing strategies highly desirable. Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Excellent at utilizing leadership tools such as clear goal setting, relationship building, communication and motivation to develop and encourage subordinates and cross functional teams to work at the top of their abilities so as to leverage all of their collective skills and expertise toward the best possible outcome for the customer.