Reports to the Director of Consumer Marketing. Hands-on, day-to-day development and execution of product, services, membership acquisition and retention programs to drive and sustain membership and revenue growth. Manages full range of marketing activities (product/service management, pricing, competitive analyses, promotion/media, positioning, etc.). Build and manage MedicAlert Foundation’s online marketing and digital media efforts. This position’s decision making has a direct and significant impact on the market-perceived attractiveness of MedicAlert Foundation products and services.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Management-Overall Responsibilities
- Assist the strategic development and lead the execution of the foundation’s consumer marketing activities such as consumer advertising and promotions, online campaigns, direct-mail, newsletters, e-newsletters, etc.
- Support the development of business cases by developing pro forma statements for programs and ensuring maximum ROI
- Manage the specifications of existing and new MedicAlert Foundation products and services
- Manage successful launches of MedicAlert Foundation consumer product and services, including elements of account planning, public relations, channel preparation, service and support preparation
- Support the planning and monitoring of the marketing budget. Achieve established marketing goals within allocated expense budget. Conduct analyses of trends makes recommendations for future marketing activities (e.g., campaigns) based on these analyses.
- Manage the member life cycle
- Bring creative vision to develop marketing initiatives to build and strengthen the company’s brand identity and coordinate its message across all channels
- Create high-impact positioning which clearly communicates the unique value and advantages of MedicAlert Foundation’s products and services
- Develop and create strong promotional and advertising copy, and other collateral, editing content developed by members of the marketing team.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated across appropriate functions and departments
- Plan and participate in select association conferences by staffing exhibits, events, and seminars
- Lead consumer marketing research activities to better understand demographics, competitive landscape, and emerging market trends.
New Media Marketing
- Build and manage MedicAlert Foundation’s online new media efforts for social networks, communication tools (such as Twitter) and online forums
- Monitor and manage MedicAlert Foundation’s presence in social networks and blogosphere
- Seed new media sites, blogs and forums with messages highlighting MedicAlert Foundation’s mission and publications
- Identify new and creative ways to bring MedicAlert Foundation’s message to a broader audience online
Education and/or Experience
- 5-7 years consumer marketing and brand management experience.
- Exceptional project management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and juggling many details at once
- Proven ability to build relationships and partnerships and work effectively in team environment
- Bachelor’s degree a must; MBA in Marketing strongly preferred