Summer Veggie Pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked whole-grain linguine
- 1/2 pound zucchini
- 1/2 pound yellow squash
- 1 pound tomatoes, finely chopped (3 medium tomatoes)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), toasted
- 8 small basil leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, shave zucchini and squash into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) to bowl; toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat.
- Add pasta to vegetables, tossing gently to combine. Top with panko, basil, radishes, and cheese.
Lettuce Wraps with Hoisin-Peanut Sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 6 thinly sliced green onions (about 2/3 cup), divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 cups hot cooked sticky rice
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- To prepare sauce, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallot, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water and next 3 ingredients (through red pepper), and stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- To prepare filling, spread crumbled tofu in a single layer on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1/3 cup green onions; sauté 1 minute. Add tofu; sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and Sriracha; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cucumbers, carrots, and remaining green onions.
- Spoon 1/4 cup rice into each lettuce leaf. Top with about 1/2 cup tofu mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve with sauce.
Summer Vegetable Frittata
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 9 large eggs
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick broiler-proof skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, bell pepper, onion, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Combine eggs, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until frothy. Pour egg mixture into pan over vegetables, stirring gently. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or until almost set in the center.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil frittata 3 minutes or until set. Invert onto a serving platter; cut into 8 wedges.