- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 medium or large onion, chopped
- 1 pound 4 ounces ground skinless turkey breast
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- (1) 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- (1) 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- (1) 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- (1) 3/4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- (1) cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- (1) 6-ounce can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 4 medium green onions, green part only, sliced
- Lightly spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add the oil and heat over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the onion for 3 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the turkey. Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring frequently to turn and break up the turkey.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, pepper, and cumin. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the green onions. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Just before serving, sprinkle with the green onions.
Pan-Grilled Chicken with Cranberry Salsa
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black peppe
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 tbs minced pickled jalapeño pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- (12-ounce) container cranberry-orange sauce (such as Ocean Spray)
- 2 tbs minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/2 tbs lime juice, divided
- 2 tbs1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until done. Keep warm.
- Combine onions, jalapeños, vinegar, and cranberry sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Combine 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, and cream cheese in a small bowl; stir well to combine. Spoon salsa evenly onto individual plates. Place chicken on top of salsa; top with a dollop of cilantro cream. Serve immediately.